Keys not working properly (samsung laptop)

Gabriellemc

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
Hi all,
The O L and P keys on my Samsung series 5 laptop are not working properly. Today I noticed something was weird so I stupidly restarted my computer. However my password to logon includes both a P and an L. The O and L don't work at all, and the P has made some sort of shortcut to the menu for projecting to other screens. I have tried using both the onscreen and an external keyboard and both do the exact same. I can't get past the startup screen so my options are very limited. Please help :(

Solution
Have other keys become locked into shortcuts as well? If so, you need to turn off StickyKeys.
The tick box you'll need to uncheck is located in Control Panel>Accessibility>Keyboard

If you can't access anything beyond your Startup screen (where you enter your password,) you should still be able to turn the StickyKeys off. Just press your left Shift key 5 times in a row and it should resolve the issue.

Camar0ss

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Have other keys become locked into shortcuts as well? If so, you need to turn off StickyKeys.
The tick box you'll need to uncheck is located in Control Panel>Accessibility>Keyboard

If you can't access anything beyond your Startup screen (where you enter your password,) you should still be able to turn the StickyKeys off. Just press your left Shift key 5 times in a row and it should resolve the issue.

Solution