Kickstarter Banned Trying to Take Advantage of Ouya's "Free the Game" Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
This sucks. Each time someone has a good idea (kickstarter seems like a good idea to me in general) someone else has to come back and screw it up.
Humanity is awsome...

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
This is why we can't have nice things.

In any case, if nowadays i were to buy a cheapo TV console, i would get the VitaTV. If it were to work with the PS4 controller touchpad to allow all games to be playable on it, there would be no reason for anybody to get the Ouya.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Anyone trying to do this is really dumb because OUYA doesn't give the match money up front. They give 25% when the campaign ends, the next 50% once the game development is finished (and game released), and then the last 25% once the exclusivity period ends. Anyone taking out loans or making payments to their KS via their credit cards will have to pay that money back (with interest) long before they get much match money from OUYA. That is assuming that the people "contributing" to the KS are doing so under a borrowing situation (vs. if they have the actual cash on hand).

They still have to have made the game and released it before they get much money from OUYA. There are easier ways to scam money.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Vita isn't cheap. VitaTV will look like crap probably, it can't push 720p (hence shield does). Will this push 720 or 1080p video with all formats supported like android? I don't think so. And the TV's expected price of $150+ won't hurt a $60-100 Roku etc for movies and all the content they have (more than I can take the time to watch).

Unless I don't understand Vita TV it seems to be an added device. So portability is out unless you ALSO buy a regular Vita right? So you're better off with shield to cover both portable, portable movies etc, PC to TV, all android games vs. Vita's rather weak library and no developer support if GDC 2013's 2800 devs are to be believed (nobody cares about Vita, hence this TV console version to try to spur more sales of a failing Vita).

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Color me surprised, just found the VitaTv article here a day or so ago...It can do up to 1080i supposedly. Still to get this and portable you're over $300. I'd rather have a much more powerful shield at that price that can do far more. Then again I'm more interested in next year's shield...LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.