Question LAN connexion slower than wifi ?

Jul 2, 2020
Hello , I am having internet issues lately.

I use a wifi adapter. I never had any problems but a few days ago my ethernet no longer worked while the wifi was working perfectly. I tried to change the cables, change my ip, dns etc etc and nothing worked. I ended switching the adapters: The one that was connected to my pc is now relliated to the box and the one that was connected to the box goes into my room. For some reason, it worked again. However. my ethernet is now very unstable. It goes from 20 ms to 600 etc etc and strangely when I go to wifi it is stable. I do not really understand what is the problem and despite the fact that I have searched 2-3 on the net I can't figure it out by myself.
My laptop also did a bios update out of nowhere.

Thanks

Oct 2, 2019
Try someone else's Ethernet or try a different device on your Ethernet to see if there is a difference. It almost sounds like your Ethernet card/board has an issue (it also could be driver). Eliminate your computer from the equation to simplify.

Jul 2, 2020
I already checked if drivers were an issue and they were all updated. I also forgot to mention that it is not always unstable but most of the time it is.