Laprop recommendation

peachivory

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
1. What is your budget? $600~$800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13 or 15

3. What screen resolution do you want? Anything, not a gamer so it doesn't matter. but i have to do blog and photoshop. 

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?  also

5. How much battery life do you need? 3-5 hours is fine 

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? no

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Photoshop and microsoft office 

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 300gb at least, 250 would work. 

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. 

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible. 
or just 1 year. 

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD 

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain 
actully, i like apple. but it's expensive. let me know how to buy mcbook pro cheaper.  

13. What country do you live in? United States 

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. 

bliq00

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I like the ULV laptops from Asus. My son has an asus and it seems well built. I like the fact that the ULV processors provide enough power for what you seem to want to use it for, yet also provide 10+ hours of life. and they tend to be smaller and lighter which I like.

basically, when you say you have to do photoshop, are you working on giant images (>20MB at least) and doing heavy duty editing or just fixing up pictures for the blog? About 99% of people I've run across who say they need PS actually could probably get by with PS elements or some other lightweight app.