Laptop Audio Becomes Static Eventually None

JohnLovesJeepin

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Recently i have been having a problem with my laptop where when the laptop is under load my audio becomes staticy after about 5-10 minutes and eventually dies out completely. If i alt+tab out of a game and the computer settles down a bit the audio will slowly come back in FROM a static. You can hear the audio quality improve, its not all at once. I have tried updating all drivers and even doing a fresh install of all nvidia drivers and audio drivers. No luck. I can post any information needed to help. Thank you.

Solution
If it is that hot I would start to wonder if there is a problem with the fan. If you just got it, within a year, and it was new upon purchase, it should still be under warranty. I would contact the manufacturer about the problem then. If under warranty, they should replace any needed parts.

Where as if you were to open it up to have it worked on, or work on it yourself, you would void that warranty.
Have you checked the temps when you are playing versus when you aren't? I ask because if it is heating up and the speaker or its connections are right near where the over heating is occurring that could be your issue. Leading to it to gradually work again, after it cools.

Try running a temp monitoring program like "Speedfan" or one of them many others out there and see if the temps go up a lot when it happens.

JohnLovesJeepin

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

I will try that, i guess that could be it but why would it randomly start it now? Ive played hundreds and hundreds of hours playing various games on this laptop and never any issues. It even varies what game it does it with, sometimes a certain game, sometimes all of them. If that is the issue, how can i fix that? Thank you for your reply.

JohnLovesJeepin

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

I downloaded speedfan and my gpu temp was a constant 194 degrees Fahrenheit. It still took about 5-10 minutes for the audio to cut out.

JohnLovesJeepin

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

I'm not sure what is causing it, as far as i know it never used to get that hot and the laptop is fairly new and decently high end. I bought it from ibuypower and it has a Geforce 880M. Any recommendations to cool it down?

If it is that hot I would start to wonder if there is a problem with the fan. If you just got it, within a year, and it was new upon purchase, it should still be under warranty. I would contact the manufacturer about the problem then. If under warranty, they should replace any needed parts.

Where as if you were to open it up to have it worked on, or work on it yourself, you would void that warranty.

Solution