Laptop Battery Don't live more than 1 minute

PARTH_9

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
Whenever I turn on laptop on battery it lasts for 1 minute only and then shuts down, but I can again turn on with battery and same things is happening, so battery is not dead because I can turn my laptop for 1 minute as many time s as i want. I can use my laptop by constant charging only. When charging, there is no indication of charging, previously when battery was fine, during charging there was red led light but it is not turning on now. What could be problem?
And also any operating system is showing battery not detected. but even if I turn off power in between laptop will run as usual for 1 minute. Then what could be problem?

Solution
If battery dies after 1 minute then there should be no charge left after that but here in this case there is still charge and so I think it is problem related to some other hardware.
Not necessarily. Could have a dead cell, but the others are still holding a charge. So like I said, it can't maintain the necessary amperage required and just shuts off.

Try turning it on on AC power, wait for it to go idle, and adjust power settings to 50% CPU power on battery, and then turn down the brightness and unplug it. See if it lasts any longer.
Hello.

Laptop batteries have a limited lifespan. How old is your battery and laptop? If it is over 2 years, what is happening is that your battery no longer holds its charge, and your computer decided to stop charging it. You will need to replace it.

By "hold it's charge", this means that it doesn't have enough charge capacity. This decreases with age until it can no longer even power on for more than minutes. If this happened suddenly, then a Cell in your battery is defective. This can happen suddenly. The battery will work, but because the voltage is lower, it will register as LOW and the laptop will shut down.

I suggest getting another battery and testing out. If a new battery doesn't charge, then your laptop has charging issues, and should be brought to a trained technician.

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Battery can't handle the load being put on it. The computer is pulling more amperage than it can provide and it shuts down. Happens when they get old and are at the end of their life.

You can download HWMonitor and it will usually tell you the wear % of your laptop battery at the bottom.

PARTH_9

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

My laptop is 1 year old and it may not be battery problem because even after laptop dies, I am able to start it again without attaching power supply but then it will again live for 1 minute and shutsdown. It is not even OS problem and also not even battery problem. Also charging light/indicator has also stopped from the starting of this problem.
If battery dies after 1 minute then there should be no charge left after that but here in this case there is still charge and so I think it is problem related to some other hardware.

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Not necessarily. Could have a dead cell, but the others are still holding a charge. So like I said, it can't maintain the necessary amperage required and just shuts off.

Try turning it on on AC power, wait for it to go idle, and adjust power settings to 50% CPU power on battery, and then turn down the brightness and unplug it. See if it lasts any longer.

Solution