Question Laptop battery issue

Apr 17, 2019
Please,
I bought a new Latitude D830 battery, charged it for more tan 3hours and it stopped at 75%, I tried unplugging the AC power adapter cord from the laptop, and immediately the battery drained from 75% to 7%.

Please, what possible solution can I find to this my case?

Did you perhaps buy an aftermarket one? If so, that is likely the problem. While aftermarket is good for many things, laptop batteries is not one of them.

If that is the case, I would return it and get the OEM one. It will likely cost more, but it will also work. Sadly aftermarket ones can be a small problem like you are having all the way to a big problem like damaging the laptop.

Apr 17, 2019
Did you perhaps buy an aftermarket one? If so, that is likely the problem. While aftermarket is good for many things, laptop batteries is not one of them.

If that is the case, I would return it and get the OEM one. It will likely cost more, but it will also work. Sadly aftermarket ones can be a small problem like you are having all the way to a big problem like damaging the laptop.
Yes.. I think this is the problem. I was unable to find any dell reliable and genuine vendors within my local markets here. What do I do?. The battery charges for several hours yet does not exceed 7%.