Question Laptop black screen dont want even boot

Feb 23, 2019
Hi,

My wife listened some music on laptop and suddenly laptop start beeping and turned to blue screen and now after restart its just black screen and after couple seconds appears grey window with just one option - 1.Windows Boot manager (enter or escape doesnt work and nothing happens)

I tried to get into safe mode or BIOS and nothing work. Also tried drain battery and start again (I cant remove battery because laptop is still in warranty and for battery remove I need to disassemble it)
Cannot test it with external monitor because there is no connector - Lenovo ideapad 720S

Thanks for every help.

There is a port for connecting to an external screen. That laptop should have an HDMI port, allowing it to be connected to any HDMI capable display, TV, etc.

However, in the Boot Manager screen, what is it showing you exactly? There are multiple screens it could be on, so which one is it actually showing you?

Feb 23, 2019
There is a port for connecting to an external screen. That laptop should have an HDMI port, allowing it to be connected to any HDMI capable display, TV, etc.

However, in the Boot Manager screen, what is it showing you exactly? There are multiple screens it could be on, so which one is it actually showing you?

Laptop doesnt have HDMI port but maybe its possible via USB-C reduction to HDMI.

This is showing in boot menu. Enter or escape not working.

YOBEZ8b.jpg

I see. So yours is the 15". I was looking at the 14", which has an HDMI. If the info you gave me is correct, then the regular USB 3.0 Type-C wouldn't be the correct option, it would be the USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 (support Thunderbolt 3, DisplayPort 1.2a, power delivery).

Feb 23, 2019
I see. So yours is the 15". I was looking at the 14", which has an HDMI. If the info you gave me is correct, then the regular USB 3.0 Type-C wouldn't be the correct option, it would be the USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 (support Thunderbolt 3, DisplayPort 1.2a, power delivery).

Maybe I found problem already. I was able going to BIOS through NOVO button and problem is that harddrive is not visible in BIOS and boot menu is still circling because of faulty harddrive