laptop black screen need help

snipingexpert24

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Hi there...
i have bought the lenovo z710 i7 about a year a ago and now it doesn't turn on
I was playing on it and then i turned it off as the usual and now every time i turn it on all I see is a black screen, the fans turn on and everything and i can hear the laptop's fans spinning same as the hard drive i tried reseating the ram it didnt work and i took out the cmos battery for 90 seconds same the onky thing that did work is taking off the cpu off it socket and reseating it into place and by work I mean that it only showed the lenovo logo and then black screen again
I should mention that I have tried connecting it to a tv same result
Please help me, thank you

Solution

If you can't get a display, only thing is to change the motherboard and see if that fixes things or try different RAM.

alexander_109

Prominent
May 17, 2017
You can try removing the battery, removing the AC adapter cable, and then press the power button a few times. This drains the current from the EC chip. Give the laptop a minute or two, then connect your battery and AC adapter again and try it.

If still no go, then try removing the hard drive and then booting the system. Sometimes shorts with the sATA port/connection cause the system to not POST either.