Laptop Black screen

NotAPcExpert

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
My gateway NV53 fails to boot up. I get a black screen. It is not back-lit, no cursor,no bios , no gateway or windows logo, and no beeping. I noticed that the clickable icons above my keyboard do not light up. Not even the hard drive icon, but when I raise the volume it does light up. I've been running off a faulty battery by just plugging the laptop in the wall. I left it on in sleep mode over night and in the morning I got the black screen. I've also been running off 1 ram stick for a while and noticed a decrease in speed over time. I think the culprit is ram stick since the same black screen happens when I remove it. Any help? Sorry for bad English
P.S Not Hdd since bios would boot saying no os

Hi,

Please do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may do the trick.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test if it will boot up.
- If that will not work do test the AC adapter, see if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next is to try and reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the motherboard of your laptop.

NotAPcExpert

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I would like to test the ram but sadly I only have 1 stick instead of 2. I have already ordered some anything else for now?