Laptop Build HELP

Spenserz97

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
I'm looking to buy/build a laptop that i can run programs such as autocad, rhino, and sketchup.
I'm thinking 8GB of ram min. And i7 processor?
HELP!!

Spenserz97

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015

My budget is $1500-2000.

I Have been doing research and i came up with this. Opinion? If not good at all i will change everything.

Barebone at: http://rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30216

Found that it has intel HM87 chipset which takes 4th generation Intel processors.
Processor i picked out is: intel i7 4710MQ (quad core)
Proposed SDD is Samsuung 850 Pro 512GB HDD ($320)
Wireless/bluetooth card is compatable with intel 4th generation:
-Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260 plus bluetooth
Ram: motherboard supports DDR3 @1600MHz (2 slots)

This laptop will be sufficient for your needs.If you put 8 - 16 gigs of ram then it will be perfect. I will assume you don't mind working on with a small screen for your 3d models in autocad.

Spenserz97

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
I'm planning on putting16. Any recommendations for the RAM? And i was planning on eventually hooking it up to an external monitor

16 gigs of ram is good for future proofing if you plan to do more complex 3d models and rendering as the gpu is very good. low to medium models in terms of poly count.

8 is good if you are just a beginner at this and want to start out with a laptop that is able to render

Spenserz97

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
I'm going 16GB. But what brand of ram should i buy? I been told brands like kingston, crucial etc.

I am not an expert in ram modules but I think crucial is good but I not sure. I personally just go with whatever is in my laptop originally and never upgrade after that.

Maybe someone who knows about this can help you.