Laptop buying guide

Jun 26, 2019
I am planning to buy a laptop (not a gaming one ) i am confused about 4 laptops i added to my wishlist.

1- mac book air retina display https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K1WRY8H/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

2-Huawei MateBook X Pro
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTKCFFH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

3- microsoft surface laptop

4-HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CGLQFRK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A9D6J376CGTLK&psc=1

i know at the start i mentioned not a gaming laptop but the hp laptop it is the cheapest of all the laptops in the list and yet most powerful and has best specs of all mentioned above laptops. i searched a lot on internet and came to conclusion that Huawei MateBook X Pro is one of the best laptop of 2019 and at amazon it shows the best laptop u have ever heard of . Now my question is the hp laptop even after having better spec is a lot cheaper then all the laptops mentioned ...are there any specific reasons for that . and why would anyone ignore such a powerful laptop even if they don't like gaming

The HP would be cheaper due to the others being engineered better for a smaller form and for higher end users. You will notice there are cars that are faster than others but cost a lot cheaper than some fancier cars. Same thing with computers, not all cost is the speed of the components.

Huawei MateBook X also has a SSD vs a standard drive in the HP and has a higher resolution touch screen.

Apple is Apple pricing. Surface is a tablet PC with components needed to be engineered to fit in a small space with still good specs.

You are not comparing same range of systems nor components past CPU and video card it looks like.

Jun 26, 2019
The HP would be cheaper due to the others being engineered better for a smaller form and for higher end users. You will notice there are cars that are faster than others but cost a lot cheaper than some fancier cars. Same thing with computers, not all cost is the speed of the components.

Huawei MateBook X also has a SSD vs a standard drive in the HP and has a higher resolution touch screen.

Apple is Apple pricing. Surface is a tablet PC with components needed to be engineered to fit in a small space with still good specs.

You are not comparing same range of systems nor components past CPU and video card it looks like.

You told that Huawei MateBook X also has a SSD yes i agree with you but the hp laptop has 16GB Intel Optane Memory which is far better than an ssd .. let we keep the apple laptop out of discussion .. if we look at microsoft surface pro it has the worst specs like 256 gb ssd ,,, 8 gb of ram ,,etc so u are telling that the high price is due to touchscreen + battery life by the way laptop has non detachable screen.. if the same thing is with Huawei MateBook X i would rather buy an ipad pro + HP LAPTOP IN that same price. the high pricing just because of stylish looks and touchscreen is unacceptable.. whic laptop would u buy if u were in my position ....

Last edited by a moderator:
You told that Huawei MateBook X also has a SSD yes i agree with you but the hp laptop has 16GB Intel Optane Memory which is far better than an ssd .. let we keep the apple laptop out of discussion .. if we look at microsoft surface pro it has the worst specs like 256 gb ssd ,,, 8 gb of ram ,,etc so u are telling that the high price is due to touchscreen + battery life by the way laptop has non detachable screen.. if the same thing is with Huawei MateBook X i would rather buy an ipad pro + HP LAPTOP IN that same price. the high pricing just because of stylish looks and touchscreen is unacceptable.. whic laptop would u buy if u were in my position ....

I would not get any of those, and you need to list what you are looking for, speed, portability, price, etc..

For standard use with a decent budget I would get a Lenovo ThinkPad T series. If you want a small system, then Dell XPS models.