Laptop can not connect to any Wifi Signal

wablackwell

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Hello, I have a Acer Aspire 5750-6845 laptop. I can not find any WiFi Signals To include the one from my router in the house and signals from my neighbor's house. Also I check my device manager and I do see my Local adapter but I do not see my wireless adapter. Their is a blue light ton the front of the laptop that is usually on when I have a WiFi signal, but it is off now. I tried to Use the the function F3 key to turn on the Wireless connection but this does not work either. I thinking maybe I need a new wireless card. Just want to ask the community if you agree with this assessment or is their something else I should try.

Thanks Bill

Solution
try reconnecting the wifi card cable and connect it back again.or if you can get another adapter to test in your laptop.its either your cable or the adapter has gone bad.

wablackwell

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and took the wireless card out of the computer and then reinstalled it. At first It did not work so I rebooted the computer and it started to work just fine. I am assuming if this keeps happening I will eventually need to replace that card, Thanks Bill

No problem