Laptop Charger Pin heating up

Jun 22, 2018
But one thing i noticed is the charger heats up whether i have battery or not. And it only heats when my laptop is on. i.e. i am using HDD maybe. Like i can charge my battery while its off or my laptop is in sleep. So i removed the HDD and used a live USB of linux(deepin) to check if the problem is with HDD, But no it started heating even during the live CD. What could be the problem? Is it really the hardware problem or some kind of Driver issue? Linux is more tolerable BTW...when i had dual OS Linux did not heat, only occasionally it used to heat. so i am thinking its something to do with drivers. You know when i try to reinstall windows...laptop shutdowns.

Update
Laptop Lenovo G505s, The charger is brand new...i have two chargers both heat up. Checked the Battery its fine too. Right now running on battery while writing. I am pretty sure its not something related to battery or Charger. Even the port which inside my laptop is a recent one. And looks to work fine still looks new. Also i have disassembled the laptop and cleaned everything, it was not even dirty. So i dont think anything do to with insulation. Same with motherboard. I am not sure but since it kinda works alright when system is not powered up or is inactive dont think there is problem with motherboard

Solution
Hi, when the charger pin is heating, the reason is that you have a bad contact between the adapter and the port, you said it's a recent one, maybe they did not install the correct one.

Lutfij

Splendid
If the power connector is heating up it's probably an indication that the power brick has been in service for a long period and is on it's way out. You didn't mention the make and model of your laptop nor it's age. Often times you have laptop makers recall their laptop's(and/or laptop chargers) since they can pose as a health, fire hazard. Think of the Samsung fire issue back in the day.

Jun 22, 2018

I just noticed the first paragraph has been gone for some reason, probably when i was editing. I had mentioned in that.

Laptop Lenovo G505s, The charger is brand new...i have two chargers both heat up. Checked the Battery its fine too. Right now running on battery while writing. I am pretty sure its not something related to battery or Charger. Even the port which inside my laptop is a recent one. And looks to work fine still looks new. Also i have disassembled the laptop and cleaned everything, it was not even dirty. So i dont think anything do to with insulation. Same with motherboard. I am not sure but since it kinda works alright when system is not powered up or is inactive dont think there is problem with motherboard

Jun 22, 2018
My laptop has Dual Graphics setup...Apu + Gpu. I disabled crossfire and for now its not heating. Ill wait to see if this is what was causing problems or not.
Edit.. After reinserting it heated again.

TRENDING THREADS