Laptop charging/startup problem

Nov 15, 2018
I have lenovo g500 which i bought in 2014. In the past month there has been a problem where i can't turn it on. So i looked at the forums and solved it by disconnecting my charger and battery and holding the power button for 30-60 secs and then connecting battery only (didn't work with the charger only), then waiting 15-30 mins to press the power button.

Both charger and battery were working normal when the laptop is running.
Laptop was running as if it doesn't have a problem except the fan running a bit faster when playing games.

I tried that solution a couple of hours ago, and it isn't working.
The battery light is on only when both the charger and battery are connected to the laptop, no signs of life otherwise.
What's the problem with it, and are there any permanent solutions?
Thank you

Solution
Could be a bad motherboard. Fans running faster, not turning on, not charging, all point to a bad motherboard. Try removing the RAM from the system and see if it beeps when you turn it on, or at least flashes some error codes showing the RAM is missing. If not, all that points to a motherboard issue.
Could be a bad motherboard. Fans running faster, not turning on, not charging, all point to a bad motherboard. Try removing the RAM from the system and see if it beeps when you turn it on, or at least flashes some error codes showing the RAM is missing. If not, all that points to a motherboard issue.

Solution
Nov 15, 2018

Its working now, again the solution i wrote about worked but after 5 hours of trying. I tried lenovo solution service hardware scan and it didn't point at any problems with it. Battery life is 4 hours at 99 percent which i think is good considering its 4 years old and how much did i use it. I asked a nearby service for info and they told me that some chip at motherboard might be faulty, so im wondering if thats the case? Thank you for your answer. I'll try doing that tomorrow and tell you. For now, im just glad its woooorkiiing :D