Laptop clicks and shuts down completely

G

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660-A142, I have ran into a serious problem with it lately. So, I have had this issue everytime I open Left 4 Dead 2 and play for a while, and then my computer gives me this click sound and bam, the computer is dead. I re-open the computer and it boots as if no error happened to it. The problem can happen in the first 10 minutes of play or it could go on till the end of the day. I run the game at the lowest settings yet this still happens. My battery is completely defective by the way so I just use the power supply to keep it on, and I have been doing this for a long time and had no issue. It only started to happen a few days ago. Could this be a power supply problem? I am certain this isn't an overheating problem as after my laptop shut down, I tried to check if it was heated, and it was barely even warm.

My Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5 2050M quad core 2.5 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB of DDR3
HDD: 320 GB
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

I am also certain this isn't a virus issue since I've formatted my HDD lately and re installed Windows 10 again. I am getting a new machine probably at the end of this month but I'm trying to cope with this one for now. Please provide a solution or tell me what the problem here is. Thanks.

As a summary: I open any resource hungry application and my computer does a click noise and shuts down completely dead.

Solution
Hi,

Do you hear the clicking sound on the laptop itself or in the AC adapter? What you can do is to run series of test with it.
- Start by observing your laptop if it would shut down without the battery in it. Remove the battery and boot it up using just the AC adapter and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it will still shut down with just the AC adapter connected, test weather if your AC adapter is supplying enough voltage to power your laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours and see if the same problem will persist.
- Next is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all these will not work that...
Hi,

Do you hear the clicking sound on the laptop itself or in the AC adapter? What you can do is to run series of test with it.
- Start by observing your laptop if it would shut down without the battery in it. Remove the battery and boot it up using just the AC adapter and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it will still shut down with just the AC adapter connected, test weather if your AC adapter is supplying enough voltage to power your laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours and see if the same problem will persist.
- Next is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all these will not work that means it's within the motherboard that has the problem.

Solution