Laptop Comparison Opinions

celliott5

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
Hello everyone.
I have found two laptops I'm reaaaaaally interested in.

Here are the links. They are almost the same price at the moment and I think I already know which one is the winner but I would like all your guys and gals opinions before I buy one.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/ASUS-Transformer-Book-Flip-TP300LA-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.308008300

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z50?sb=:000001C9:00012E33:&cid=us:dis:v8uqxr&dfaid=1
Background

I am going to school to get my CAD certifications and for business marketing so it will need to hold up to those few things as well as I will be playing a few games and playing a lot of movies on trips for my kid.
Here's the games system req.

Minimum System Requirement: Recommended System:
O/S: WIN 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista O/S: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
CPU: P3-800 MHz CPU: P4-2.4 GHz or above
Memory: 256MB Memory: 512MB or more
Hard Disk: 2.0 GB Hard Disk: 3.0GB or more
Video Card: 16 MB 3D Accelerated Graphic Card Video Card: ATI 9200/Nvidia FX5200 or better
THANK ALL OF YOU GUYS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!!!!

Solution
The requirements are pretty modest, even a cheap laptop will have way better specifications than the ones you mentioned,
Unfortunately (or fortunately) you won't find a laptop with a Pentium 4 CPU, 512 MB RAM, and Windows Vista any more.
You mentioned you'd be gaming, so you probably wouldn't want to stick with those minimum specs.
Out of the two devices you mentioned, the Lenovo is a clear winner.

Lenovo has a Core i7, Asus has a Core i5.
Lenovo has a 1TB HDD, Asus has 500GB.
Lenovo has NVidia graphics, Asus has Intel HD Graphics.
Lenovo has a DVD burner, Asus doesn't.
Lenovo has a 4cell battery, Asus has a 3 cell battery.

The only advantage Asus has over the Lenovo, is that the Asus has a touch screen. If you want a touch screen...

Lumia925

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
The requirements are pretty modest, even a cheap laptop will have way better specifications than the ones you mentioned,
Unfortunately (or fortunately) you won't find a laptop with a Pentium 4 CPU, 512 MB RAM, and Windows Vista any more.
You mentioned you'd be gaming, so you probably wouldn't want to stick with those minimum specs.
Out of the two devices you mentioned, the Lenovo is a clear winner.

Lenovo has a Core i7, Asus has a Core i5.
Lenovo has a 1TB HDD, Asus has 500GB.
Lenovo has NVidia graphics, Asus has Intel HD Graphics.
Lenovo has a DVD burner, Asus doesn't.
Lenovo has a 4cell battery, Asus has a 3 cell battery.

The only advantage Asus has over the Lenovo, is that the Asus has a touch screen. If you want a touch screen laptop which behaves like a tablet at times, go for the Asus. If you want a normal laptop that's powerful, go for the Lenovo. If I were you, i'd pick the Lenovo.

Solution