Laptop connected to separate higher resolution monitor

Apr 17, 2019
I have a Dell XPS laptop with both Intel and NVidia 1050i graphic cards. I also have a Dell monitor that can take advantage of the higher resolutions available from the NVidia card. When I pick a resolution that works for the laptop display, the characters are very small on the monitor. When I increase the size so that the characters are properly sized on the monitor, the characters are huge on the laptop display. Can I set it up so that the monitor uses the Intel card at the recommended 1920 and the monitor uses the NVidia card at the recommended 3960 at the same time?

Apr 17, 2019
I have a Dell XPS laptop with both Intel and NVidia 1050i graphic cards. I also have a Dell monitor that can take advantage of the higher resolutions available from the NVidia card. When I pick a resolution that works for the laptop display, the characters are very small on the monitor. When I increase the size so that the characters are properly sized on the monitor, the characters are huge on the laptop display. Can I set it up so that the monitor uses the Intel card at the recommended 1920 and the monitor uses the NVidia card at the recommended 3960 at the same time?
Yep, set the screens to extended not duplicate.
Thanks, but it doe not make a difference. As soon as I settthe percentage tp 250 for the high resolution monitors, the laptop monitor becomes way too large. do I need to take it off auto select or change some of the settings for nVidia and Intel cards, I want the intel card to run 1920 on the laptop and the nvidia card to run about 3840 on the monitor.

Apr 17, 2019
Thanks, but it doe not make a difference. As soon as I settthe percentage tp 250 for the high resolution monitors, the laptop monitor becomes way too large. do I need to take it off auto select or change some of the settings for nVidia and Intel cards, I want the intel card to run 1920 on the laptop and the nvidia card to run about 3840 on the monitor.
My apologies. After playing with the settings a bit more, I am now able to use the best resolution on the desktop and on the separate monitor with font sizes that are easily legible. Thanks for your help!!