Question Laptop connected to WiFi, but browser will not load anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2019
I have a Lenovo Yoga 520s, Windows 10. It is connected to the WiFi , and everything seems to be fine. However, after 10 minutes to an hour, the browser will just refuse to work and load the pages and tabs. It states that it could not establish a secure connection, and thus could not show the content. This was odd, as I could still receive Whatsapp Web Messages, and listen to music on Spotify. Onlt the browser that I'm using (Firefox) does not seem to work at all. WiFi connection is fine for the laptop and all other devices, its just the browser. I tested this with other browsers (Chrome , Explorer) and they have the same issue. Page couldn't load ,could not establish secure connection , blah blah blah. I tried clearing history and all of my caches, and used Full Scan on my Kaspersky Free Application. No Malware or Viruses detected so far.

Is there anything else I can do to try and fix this problem? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you for your attention !

If it is happening in multiple browsers, then it isn't the browsers. It could be a program, virus, malware, etc., on the computer. It could also be your ISP. Some devices, if the ISPs connection is lost, even for a moment or two, will not work until restarted. Sometimes even requiring a reboot (turn it off and back on) of the computer.

If rebooting resolves it, even if just for a few moments, then you need to check both your connections stability, and your computer for what I mentioned above.

Also, depending on what you are viewing/where going in the browser, it is possible the ISP is cutting off your connection.

Jul 7, 2019
I have a Lenovo Yoga 520s, Windows 10. It is connected to the WiFi , and everything seems to be fine. However, after 10 minutes to an hour, the browser will just refuse to work and load the pages and tabs. It states that it could not establish a secure connection, and thus could not show the content. This was odd, as I could still receive Whatsapp Web Messages, and listen to music on Spotify. Onlt the browser that I'm using (Firefox) does not seem to work at all. WiFi connection is fine for the laptop and all other devices, its just the browser. I tested this with other browsers (Chrome , Explorer) and they have the same issue. Page couldn't load ,could not establish secure connection , blah blah blah. I tried clearing history and all of my caches, and used Full Scan on my Kaspersky Free Application. No Malware or Viruses detected so far.

Is there anything else I can do to try and fix this problem? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you for your attention !
Please guide if your issue is resolved as i am also facing similar issue Also connecting to different device has resolved this issue but do guide is there anything else or how to refresh and connect to old device.

Status
Not open for further replies.