Laptop connected to wifi but can't browse anything

Meccah

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
I don't know what had happened to make it act like this, one day it was working fine and then the next day it wasn't. I have malwarebytes downloaded on my computer and I have done at least 8 scans on my laptop but nothing comes up,I even uninstalled malwarebytes from my computer just to see if it was the culprit but that didn't work, none of my browsers work, I even downloaded Mozilla fox from a disc my computer came with when I purchased it but even that didn't work either when I click on my google chrome browser it opens up to a page that says "dns_probe_finished_no_internet" but it's not just my browsers it basically anything on my computer that needs the Internet won't work either, things like origin and even the online help page of windows won't work. I've tried every single command prompt command but nothing works, tried doing a system restore but for some reason that didn't work either.

Hi,

Please do try these other CMD commands that might help, it worked with the others that tried it based from different manufacturer forums.

- Open Command Prompt as Admin (Right click on CMD then select Run as Administrator)
type the following commands
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

If those steps doesn't work please try this forum from HP support site.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/DNS-PROBE-FINISHED-NO-INTERNET/td-p/3751120

Meccah

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
I tried the last 3 commands, it doesn't work at all, it gives me a message saying it doesn't understand the command. My laptop is a Dell brand not HP, it's a Windows 7