Question Laptop connects to wifi, then disconnects and crashes shortly after.

Sep 7, 2019
So as the title says, when I turn on my laptop it connects to the internet as normal, after anywhere from 1-5 minutes the internet will cut off, then if I try to reconnect the laptop to the internet the laptop will then just crash completely and I need to turn it off via the power button.

I have tried updating the driver software in device management for wireless adapter.

The laptop runs fine and doesn't crash at all if I'm not connected to the internet through wireless... it's becoming a real pain and I need to use this older laptop currently and it is really slow compared to the other one. Any help would be appreciated !

Jun 3, 2019
What laptop have you got currently? Version of OS? You said you tried to update driver for your adapter. Have you tried to uninstall it, restart laptop? What is the adapter spec?

Sep 7, 2019
Does it do this with only one WiFi connection or any WiFi connection? Also, does it do this when you are connected via Ethernet?

If you haven't tried other WiFi and Ethernet connections then I would try that to see if the problem persists.

Hey it does it on any WiFi connection and I currently don't have an Ethernet cable to try it out

Sep 7, 2019
What laptop have you got currently? Version of OS? You said you tried to update driver for your adapter. Have you tried to uninstall it, restart laptop? What is the adapter spec?

The laptop model is a HP Notebook - 15-da0038na, it runs on Windows 10, tried uninstalling the driver just there and restarting, it worked for a solid 30 minutes which is longer than usual after the restart. How would I go about checking the network adapter specs?