Solved! Laptop constantly crashing when playing games

Jan 26, 2019
First I should let you all know I am not really smart when it comes to this kind of stuff, so I have not been able to do a lot trying to fix this issue as I simply do not know how to.

My laptop is the following: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154278

And it looks like most of the reviews for it are encountering the same issue, and it appears that customer service is being of zero help. (When I bought the laptop, there were no customer reviews, however I thought I could trust the MSI brand, and it was on a huge discount, though now I can see why).

When I run into a crash I do not get any error messages, the game will freeze for a few seconds, and then the laptop will restart. I haven't been able to find anything in BIOS, granted I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for.

I have monitored the CPU temps a few times, the last time I crashed was in the ESO menus with the temp at 69 degrees before the freeze.

if it helps the games I have been trying are the following

Witcher 3, WoW, ESO, Total War Warhammer 2 (usually this one will work for awhile, but intense battles will cause the crash) and Divinity Original Sin 2.

I've tried disabling SLI but that doesn't change anything. I do not have anything over clocked.

I've made sure to make all my drivers are up to date.

If there is anything else you need from me I'll gladly post it, thanks all in advance for the help.

Jan 26, 2019

My current situation (both financially and others) wouldn't really work with that, and I do not have access to my warranty information, other side of the country and all that.