Laptop crash/freeze with unknown cause

Plugged

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
I've been getting spontaneous freezes when I turn on my computer. I've updated all my drivers and the crashes have become less frequent, but when I start a youtube video, it crashes. I wondered if it the the GPU, so I decided to start a game and run it. The first time I started it, it crashed in the menu. The second time, it crashed loading the map. The third time, it successfully loaded the game. I decided to stop running local servers, and connect to a server online, it crashed while connecting. I then decided to make sure my wifi drivers are completely updated, and did so. I haven't tried again, so I don't know if it'll work. I formatted my HDD and re-installed windows, and I still have the problem.

Dman99899

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014
Could you post the model laptop you're using? Also, what version of Windows are you running on? Check your fan ports to make sure its not having heat problems while you're looking, and just rule that one out early. :) It doesn't look to be a major problem with the motherboard, CPU, or GPU, as everything is booting up, it seems to be when things get going it starts to crash.

Plugged

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
The laptop model is a C55D-B5212. I'm also running windows 8.1. I had opened up the laptop to make sure the HDD, RAM, and fan are connected in correctly, and it seemed well. I checked the temps for the laptop and it's sitting on 51C, I don't hear the fan spooling up like it used too though. a program is telling me the fan is still on, but not working at it's old pace.

Plugged

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
Turns out something was a little loose inside of the computer, I pushed on all the ports and heard a tiny snap, runs even better than before. Thanks for the help.