Question Laptop deletes everything

Apr 5, 2020
I have a Ideapad Flex 4-1470 but my laptop likes deleting thinks. When I select a file it pops up 10 screens asking me if I want to delete the file. When put put the cursor somewhere on the text that isn't the end it starts to delete the letters as if i am holding it in and not like the backspace but like the delete. So when i navigate with arrows it also deletes the text extremely quickly.
I have tried everything thing i can think of from resetting the computer completely, scanning for viruses, update all the drives, opening the back and front and checking for something pressing the "delete" key and have installed many repair apps and troubleshoots. None of these have helped and the problems only started after the motherboard was replaces.
Please help or point in right direction i am lost and don't know what to do.

hang-the-9

Titan
Sounds like your keyboard or mouse are bad and are clicking something all the time. Go over all the keys, make sure there is no dirt on them or on the touchpad. Maybe re-seat the ribbon cable on the motherboard for the keyboard. Also since the issue started after the motherboard was replaced I would get in touch with whoever did it to check it.

Apr 5, 2020
Sounds like your keyboard or mouse are bad and are clicking something all the time. Go over all the keys, make sure there is no dirt on them or on the touchpad. Maybe re-seat the ribbon cable on the motherboard for the keyboard. Also since the issue started after the motherboard was replaced I would get in touch with whoever did it to check it.
Have taken the entire computer apart and removed and put back the ribbon cable and physically the computer is fine it is just that it does the wrong actions. I provided the motherboard that I got online and the guy installed it so he doesn't have the responsibility.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Secritek Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 5
O Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
1 Laptop Tech Support 1