Laptop docking solutions for gaming

Jun 11, 2018
I am currently gaming on a desktop and have been for about four years. It is in need of upgrades but I think instead, I want to buy a laptop for my gaming needs. I travel every month for work and would like to be able to game while not at home. However, I still want a desktop experience while at home. In college, I had a dell latitude laptop with a docking station that made things super easy. I have been looking around and don't see any similar products on the market. Was that just a fad that has gone away? Is there any sort of docking station where I can easily clip the laptop in and be gaming with my mouse/keyboard/monitor at home, and then click the laptop out and take it with me when its time to travel?

I appreciate any insight!

Solution
Laptops from the business line have docking stations for them. Home models, not really. You can use one of the newer USB C docks but I do not know how well that works in a gaming laptop. Newer laptop lines are using USB C docks instead of configurations with dedicated dock connections. A step backwards I think.
Laptops from the business line have docking stations for them. Home models, not really. You can use one of the newer USB C docks but I do not know how well that works in a gaming laptop. Newer laptop lines are using USB C docks instead of configurations with dedicated dock connections. A step backwards I think.

Solution