Laptop does not charge

Oct 16, 2018
My laptop doesnt charge whatever i tried from windows like: deleting drivers for the battery and also ACPI-Compliant, that did not work either, My laptop sometimes will show charge indicator light for few seconds and then disappear, i have to keep my laptop plugged in all the time in order to use it. I have sent my laptop to the service centre, and they replied of replacing motherboard because of this issue and they have tried different adapters and batteries onto the machine, that did not work, and online i have saw from this forum:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533948/acer-predator-battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/p2

He reported that there is chassis intrusion switch where should be triggered in order for the laptop to be able to charge, i tried that also did not work

My laptop is acer predator 17.3” G9-791-78CE

Sorry for the long post and not well written english, any suggestions regarding this matter? I think i am facing exact issue like the guy on the above link, i am sure it is not motherboard issue because everything else works fine

Oct 16, 2018

Yes, i updated in recent months, but now i cannot update since does not detect a battery and will not allow me to update, and yes i formatted my laptop recently this week