Laptop doesnt charge after getting wet

Gjad95

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hello, last Friday I spilled a drink on my laptop and I waited a couple of fays before starting it after that.
It started but when i got to school I only had 5% and when i plugged in the charger it wouldn't charge.
The battery works and charges in other laptops (friend has the same laptop tried with his)
and I tried other chargers and it still wouldn't charge.
Should i send it in for repair or is there anything i could do myself.
The laptop is a HP Probook 650.
So basically this: the laptops works, the battery works and the charger works but it won't charge.

Hi,

The circuit of the laptop might had been affected by the spill. But before you send it for repair try plugging just the AC adapter boot it up and once it's on your desktop plug in the battery. If that doesn't do the trick uninstall and reinstall the ACPI driver for your battery in Device Manager. Once uninstalled reboot the PC so it would reinstall on it's own. If all these doesn't work you'll be better off sending it for repair.

Hi,

The circuit of the laptop might had been affected by the spill. But before you send it for repair try plugging just the AC adapter boot it up and once it's on your desktop plug in the battery. If that doesn't do the trick uninstall and reinstall the ACPI driver for your battery in Device Manager. Once uninstalled reboot the PC so it would reinstall on it's own. If all these doesn't work you'll be better off sending it for repair.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1