Solved! Laptop doesn't turn on

Apr 17, 2020
Okay so I have some problems with my Asus
I just replaced the thermal paste and I assembled it back except that I didn't put the cover and didn't fix the screws. Everything worked, I tested the temperature(cooler than before) and I shut it down to fix the last screws. After that the laptop tried to load windows and then shut itself down. I just don't understand how is this possible. I only fixed the cover with the keyboard and put the screws.
I tried to check every cable but at some point nothing happened when I was starting it.
So I had to disassembly it back and I found out that when the laptop is connected to the power( I don't use battery) the fan tries to spin but it can't and it makes a noise.
Last thing, I managed to start it one time but without the SSD and second time it didn't work.

So this is the situation. From perfectly working to not even starting in a matter of minutes.

I would appreciate some help. Thanks

EDIT:
Solved it. It was a problem with the source, the cable didn't make contact properly with the motherboard

Last edited:
Solution
This one situation where there are so many possibilities as to what goes wrong and the only suggestion is to take it to a PC Fixer.

If you have another PC you might like to buy a hard disk USB Caddy and back up the SSD. You could removed any personal files to the other machine and delete them off the SSD.
This one situation where there are so many possibilities as to what goes wrong and the only suggestion is to take it to a PC Fixer.

If you have another PC you might like to buy a hard disk USB Caddy and back up the SSD. You could removed any personal files to the other machine and delete them off the SSD.

Solution