Laptop doesnt use any headphones

wafflesoflife123

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I have a Toshiba laptop and I can't use any headphone, earbuds Ect. and it gets really annoying as it only uses the speakers I've tried changing the setting but I can't find the right thing to do it. I'm also using windows ten but the same thing happened with 7

Solution
Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. Make sure your headset/headphones are plugged into the laptop.
3. Right click on "Sound, video and game controllers" and then click "Scan for hardware changes".

It should notice the added headphones. If it doesn't I would start to wonder then if there is something wrong with the jack.
First make sure you have headphones/earbuds plugged into the laptop, then try the following....

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

wafflesoflife123

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Sorry for the inactivity anyways my headphones dont even show up and I'm sure there's no damage to the jack itself

Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. Make sure your headset/headphones are plugged into the laptop.
3. Right click on "Sound, video and game controllers" and then click "Scan for hardware changes".

It should notice the added headphones. If it doesn't I would start to wonder then if there is something wrong with the jack.

Solution