Laptop extended ram doubt.

May 15, 2018
I have 2 laptops .first one is hp pavilion which is currently dead because of its dead motherboard and the second one is lenovo ideapad which I have bought recently... lenovo laptop has 4GB of ram and I think I should increase its ram...so can I install the ram stick of my old laptop i.e. hp laptop into my new lenovo laptop?

Solution
Compare the two chips, paying attention to the memory type (DDR2, DDR3, etc), frequency (listed in MHz), and voltage. If the chips match, you can run them together and they should also run in dual channel assuming that the other chip is 4GB as well. If not, you can still install it if everything else matches apart from the amount of memory; it won't run in dual channel but it will still increase your system memory.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from akadkartejas : "Laptop extended ram doubt."

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
Compare the two chips, paying attention to the memory type (DDR2, DDR3, etc), frequency (listed in MHz), and voltage. If the chips match, you can run them together and they should also run in dual channel assuming that the other chip is 4GB as well. If not, you can still install it if everything else matches apart from the amount of memory; it won't run in dual channel but it will still increase your system memory.

Solution