laptop for architecture!

salmaaly

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
i want the best laptop for architecture programs to run with high performance like autocad, rhino, revit,3ds max, i don't care about price i just want to get a laptop that has the best performance and very durable as it will stay with me for a long time

Solution
I am an architecture student as well and I have been looking at the lenovo y500 too but i suggest looking into the y510p. It has the 4th gen intel chip which will improve the battery life significantly. Also it has a better dedicated graphics. Also i have been looking into what components would work best with the adobe suite. What I found was a list of graphics cards that adobe supports. I did the same with auto desk programs. I am pretty sure that the y510p will be able to handle everything especially with the duel graphics but i know that there are better laptops that are made specifically to be a workstation for auto desk and adobe products.

As I continued to research what would make the best architecture laptop I looked into each...
Get a laptop with high-res screen (e.g. 1920x1080 or better). There are some recently released models (Asus, Toshiba) with 2560x1440. You should also look for 15.6" or 17.0" screens, dedicated videocard.

I am not a fan of Apple, but MacBook Retina would be your dream laptop.

salmaaly

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
im not an apple fan either, some people told me to get the lenovo thinkpad w530 and others said dell would be better, what do u think is the best processor and best videocard type?

g-unit1111

Distinguished

And pay $2500 for a laptop that would cost 1/2 as much from any other manufacturer? No thanks. Autodesk Suite usually favors PC over Mac, that's why they didn't make a Mac version for over a decade. I'd go for a higher end Origin or Falcon Northwest system for that kind of cash.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I'd rather just get a real Windows system and skip the emulator. You could buy a really high end laptop from one of the resellers I suggested with that kind of cash. I'd get a Falcon Northwest TLX over a Macbook Pro any day of the week.

LockOD

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I am an architecture student as well and I have been looking at the lenovo y500 too but i suggest looking into the y510p. It has the 4th gen intel chip which will improve the battery life significantly. Also it has a better dedicated graphics. Also i have been looking into what components would work best with the adobe suite. What I found was a list of graphics cards that adobe supports. I did the same with auto desk programs. I am pretty sure that the y510p will be able to handle everything especially with the duel graphics but i know that there are better laptops that are made specifically to be a workstation for auto desk and adobe products.

As I continued to research what would make the best architecture laptop I looked into each gpu (Graphics Processing Unit). While computers mentions on this forum are great options the truth of the matter is that really you are look for a gpu that works well with 3d programs and vector based geometry. Nvidia has a set of graphics cards that are specifically designs for these processes. Look into the Quadro series. From there you can choose a laptop that has the gpu that well run these programs with easy.

Quadro laptops:
Lenovo ThinkPad W530
Dell Precision M6600
Fujitsu CELSIUS H720
HP EliteBook 8570w
MSi GT60
Xi PowerGo 154

Good luck with your laptop and your studio!

Solution