Laptop for college :D!

sushiserv

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
_What is your budget?

I recently settled out of court with HP over my defective F500, stupid nvidia. So I have an addition $665 to add to my budget, but I don't want to spend an excess of that.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

13.3", 14" or 12"

3_What screen resolution do you want?

It doesn't matter, no games will be played on this laptop. This what I built a desktop for.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portability is a huge plus. My last laptop was

5_How much battery life do you need?

Irrelevant to me. There are plug all over my college, that it looks like it was infest by bugs.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?]

Solitaire. :3

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

A wee bit of Photoshop, and low resolution movies.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Again, I don't care.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

newegg.com only. I can't pay taxes on this laptop living in New York City and all, and newegg didn't fail me when it came to building my computer.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as it lasts... My Compaq F500 died after 2 years, so clearly long than that. I used a single core eMachines for 6 years and retired it in September of 2009 when I built my quad-core desktop.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

None really.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

HP. I sued them for a reason.

13_What country do you live in?

New York City (not that State bs.. that is like Canada to me), United States.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Looking at these two laptops ATM,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146725&cm_re=thinkpad-_-34-146-725-_-Product
Lenovo SL410; 14" weighing 5.88lbs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114792&Tpk=t135d
Toshiba T135D-S325 =; 13.3" weighing 3.11 lbs

Perhaps I should mention, weight is also a huge issue. I have to walk up 3 hills to get to my college.

I plan to purchase with a credit card to take advantage of the credit card company's extended warranty on electronics.

sushiserv

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I don't aim to sound like a jerk, but what is the point of this question set if not even the mods/admins read them...

Since the laptop isn't on newegg, I would have to pay 9% tax on it and that is a real no no.

I will also amend hte top to state the max weight of the laptop... but i need to hit the sack :x

I may missed something but there isn't any acceptable reasons to talk like that,everyone make mistakes,you just could have said its not possible to buy from Dell.
I searched Newegg and couldn't find a good laptop with 4GB RAM and a C2D,are you only limited to newegg?