Laptop for Engineering/Gaming

Matthew DiGiacomo

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Hey all,

I need help choosing a laptop. I have already tried the Lenovo Y510p and I currently have an MSI GS70. They are both beasts but I have come to realize I don't really need all the gaming power that these things have because I have a desktop to do all that.

My budget is around $2500 so cost isn't an issue.

I basically need a laptop to be able to perform well with coding/programming work and that can play some games but have a really good battery life. These gaming laptops do not. I figure an ultrabook would be nice for this but I really have no idea. I'm leaning towards possibly the Acer Aspire S7 or the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus. How are the gaming performance of these guys? Battery life? I appreciate all the help! Thanks!

acfman17

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
For $2000 you can get a Razer Blade, which has about 5 hours of battery life when using lightly and should be able to run any modern game well at high settings. It's also very thin and light (about the thickness of the thickest part of a Macbook Air). Only problem is the display is 1600x900, and for $2000 you only get a 256GB SSD (although there is a second mSATA port, so you could put in another SSD if you like).