Question Laptop for gaming / graphic design

May 12, 2022
Greetings,

I need some help with finding a right laptop for gaming and graphic design.
The laptop will be mostly set on my desktop and connected to an external monitor so I don't really need the highest quality Adobe colours on the laptop monitor.
So far I am most fond of the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401QM
I like the metal design and also the fact, that for a gaming laptop it is pretty thin so when I'd need to take it on the road it wouldn't be such a problem.
Do you guys have any recommendations, or would you go with this one?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

May 12, 2022
If you want to play heavy games and edit videos on 4K quality, then Razer Blade 14 is the best. You need to make sure that Razer Blade 14 is packed with an 11th or 12th Gen Intel or AMD Ryzen 9 series CPU, RTX 3060 or RTX 3080 GPU and 32 GB RAM.
Video Editors and Gamers commonly use the M.2 SSDs, so no need to explain more about that.
But if you are low on budget and producing videos on 1440p quality and playing games on medium settings is your need, then Acer Nitro 5 is the best laptop for that work. Acer has produced some outstanding laptops with high performing specs and low prices. That's what my experience says. Overall, it depends on your choice.

May 12, 2022
Thank you for your advice.
I have a second question. If I was to drop the gaming specification and focus full on the graphic side, what would your go to choice be on the budget?

Reactions: theshadowboy
May 12, 2022
Thank you for your advice.
I have a second question. If I was to drop the gaming specification and focus full on the graphic side, what would your go to choice be on the budget?

For Graphics, you need to have a laptop having QHD or UHD Display with high refresh rates. FHD is 1080p, QHD is 1440p and UHD is 2160p (4K). When designing the graphics, your machine needs to support the latest and eye-catchy displays because visuals only look good when your display screen is good. But you don't have to compromise on the performance.
You first need to find a laptop whose display screen is QHD or UHD, once you have found one, the next thing you need to look at is its performance specs. High Performing Specs are necessary because you can't run design applications without a powerful CPU and GPU. So if you have decided to shift on the graphics side, then HP OMEN 15 is the best option. Its the best laptop, budget-wise and performance-wise. But if can increase your budget, then several other laptops are available in the market.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
If you want to play heavy games and edit videos on 4K quality, then Razer Blade 14 is the best. You need to make sure that Razer Blade 14 is packed with an 11th or 12th Gen Intel or AMD Ryzen 9 series CPU, RTX 3060 or RTX 3080 GPU and 32 GB RAM.

Hahahahaha, a 14 inch laptop for gaming and editing? Hahahahahaha

I'm absolutely astounded that people think that a laptop with mediocre specs can do anything other than light gaming, the Blade 14 can't even run Cyberpunk 2077 on Ultra 60fps and the 3080 gets so hot it throttles, one of the biggest problems reviewers had with it.

Greetings,

I need some help with finding a right laptop for gaming and graphic design.

You don't want just "a laptop". You want a mobile workstation. Anything under 17.3 inches will strain your eyes and most certainly not have enough power or battery life. The smaller you get the more of a compromise it is between the two.

Dell XPS 17 or HP ZBook 17 G6 are the business kings in this regard and come with the best components, although without creature comforts like RGB and high refresh displays.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUiafAvmsA8

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-mobile-workstations