Laptop for Inventor

Sylvanriv

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
How well do you guys think this laptop will run Autodesk Inventor? I take it not very well on an A8...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COR29XI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Solution
Pretty badly I'm afraid my friend, the APU isn't terrible but that laptop doesn't have a discrete graphics card so it really won't even nearly run it I'm afraid, thats basically a nice casual users laptop with Facebook games. You should be looking for something with a bit more kick in the processor and definitely a discrete graphics card.

TheAntiDoctor

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Pretty badly I'm afraid my friend, the APU isn't terrible but that laptop doesn't have a discrete graphics card so it really won't even nearly run it I'm afraid, thats basically a nice casual users laptop with Facebook games. You should be looking for something with a bit more kick in the processor and definitely a discrete graphics card.

Solution

Sylvanriv

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Thanks for replying so quickly! That's all I needed to know, I'll need a better one anyway for everything else as well I suppose. Thank you!

TheAntiDoctor

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Ah wow, yes I've heard of that, I'm doing Electronic Engineering at Uni in the UK, I have always been interested in robotics :) I think that laptop should be fine from what you say I'm guessing your models won't be bigger than 1000 pieces. If you're buying from that website you might want to keep an eye out for the reviews, some people complaining they didn't get the right graphics card so something to keep a very close eye on and others complaining about the hard drive speed, if it turns out to be a problem though the hard drive can be changed easily enough :) Other than that go for it and good luck!