Laptop for less demanding games

Erithlor

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,

Thinking about getting laptop for less demanding games. Since I have good and powerful gaming machine, I'm NOT GOING to play such games as Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity or GTA5. But I would like to play games such as World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, maybe some less demanding shooters like CS:GO, indie games like Trine, Torchlight and remakes such as Age of Empires II HD Edition etc.

My priority is for mobility (weight is no more than 3kg) and quiet as much as possible. I'm not saying it should be 100% quiet, but noise should not be distracting.

My budget is around 1200 euros.

I'm looking into MSI GS602PL (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM and GTX 850m). How is it? Can it run my mentioned games well? How's mobility and noise? Maybe someone have it and can comment on it?

Any other suggestions?

Quixit

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
My buddy has a MSI GS60 and it will run current gen games at medium to high (stuff like the ones you said you're not playing) and it will crush light stuff. The build quality seems ok, but he hasn't had it that long. As for portability, it weighs about 2kg and it's a 15" laptop to it's not a MacBook Air competitor. It's loud when gaming but not so much at the desktop.

If I was looking for a new notebook I might well buy one, or maybe the HP Omen 15.

TRENDING THREADS