Laptop for my girlfirend

Nitola1

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
So I'm buying a laptop for my girlfriend and i have some questions. She doesn't play games so I'll probably get her a i3 ivy bridge cpu with intel hd4000 graphics. Laptop size is 15,6". She's fine with 1366x768 resolution, and for the budget I'm aiming, there are no other resolutions to be honest.

The main focuses are really good sound quallity and louder speaker, really good screen, hd webcam (if possible), cool and quiet laptop. Another important thing would be that it's build is good, so some nice aluminium finish. She hates that cheap plastic feel she has with this acer she has now.

Here are some models i found in croatian web shops that are suited for our budget, the budget is low, so we are aiming at lower end models, not the lowest end, but lower end:

Asus K53
Dell Inspiron N5520
SAMSUNG 350V5C
LENOVO IdeaPad G580GH
HP Pavilion g6
TOSHIBA Satellite C850
Notebook LENOVO G570AH

Thx ahead guys!

G

from a reliability and quality standpoint i would avoid dell, hp and toshiba at all costs. i personally would buy the asus k53

Nitola1

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
thx man!, that's what I tought. The hp she has came with broken network card, which she didn't use up until now, and warranty has expired..

So I'll go to shop today and let her choose between lenovo ideapad G580GH, asus k53, and possibly k55 if they got it, and maybe dell n5520 since it got good reviews and she really liked the design and screen quality when she saw it in one shop.

G

that doesnt surprise me, hps quality standards are almost nonexistent, one of my clients had to send hers back to hp 3 times in 3 months from hardware failures whether they gave her a new system or fixed her old one, it was a nighmare and each time i was the barer of bad news, even their software is a nightmare.

dell uses some pretty cheap parts too, but at least they are a bit better than hp, i have to a few hardware failures with dells. i personally buy asus products, i own about 8 products from asus and all are of excellent quality and all are functioning magnificently. they actually build their own products instead of buying the cheapest parts they can to make a profit like dell and hp

G

i own 10 asus products now that i have counted and i will definately buy from them in the future