Laptop for older lady ~$400 range

lemon40

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Hey Kids,
My Aunt has decided to ramp up her selling on Etsy and would like her own computer. She would like a laptop to travel with. Doesn't need to be tiny or anything. It must have Windows loaded on.
I say this because I will probably need to trouble shoot and I don't know Linux or apple well enough. I personally have a Chromebook and I love the thing and it's under her budget, but it won't work for her because to print is a pain.
Really the only other things she needs to do is photo editing (light weight stuff), printing and web browsing. My thoughts are that she won't need a lot of space, so I'd love to get one that has just an SSD to save battery and cuz they are blazingly fast. High resolution would be nice, but I doubt she would notice a whole lot one way or another.
I don't even think she needs any drives at all, just USB ports and maybe HDMI/video out. If it turns out she needs a drive, an external USB or whatever would probably suffice.

Thanks!

-d

lemon40

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009

I'd rather not have to futz with swapping out drives and reloading the OS, since it would be shipped to her and I don't live nearby.

I did find a couple that may work:
Dell Latitude E6320 13" Business Laptop i5-2.5GHz 4GB 128GB-SSD DVDRW Webcam Windows 7 Pro
The above is $400 refurbed.

Or this off lease one:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB Memory 120GB SSD 14.1" WebCam Notebook Windows 7 Professional
for $350

What do y'all think of those?

Thanks for the reply BTW!

-d