Question Laptop for video editing

jons45

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2015
Some advice please

I have some old camcorder tapes and video tapes and using the clearclick video2digital converter to copy the tapes I need a laptop that has the spec so these can be edited then saved to either DVD or USB. (these may be up to 60mins)

These need to be done sooner than later for a family member who has been diagnosed and to watch these memories from the past may be some help

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ClearClick...=1689114281&sprefix=clearclick,aps,327&sr=8-3

Laptop 15” + screen, backlit keyboard

Laptop will just be used for regular use once tapes are edited office, files, iplayers, you tube etc

I know you can pay over UK £1000 for a high spec laptop but what sort of price points should i look for something of the shelf or something custom built I was quoted £750

I know nothing what i need and hope someone been in the same situation and found the ideal setup

Thanks in advance

Mark
:)🙏

Last edited:

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
Some advice please

I have some old camcorder tapes and video tapes and using the clearclick video2digital converter to copy the tapes I need a laptop that has the spec so these can be edited then saved to either DVD or USB. (these may be up to 60mins)

These need to be done sooner than later for a family member who has been diagnosed and to watch these memories from the past may be some help

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ClearClick-Converter-2-0-Second-Generation-Black/dp/B092W8PNL9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2WOLD8HDR3WP2&keywords=clearclick&qid=1689114281&sprefix=clearclick,aps,327&sr=8-3

Laptop will just be used for regular use once tapes are edited office, files, iplayers, you tube etc

I know you can pay over UK £1000 for a high spec laptop but what sort of price points should i look for something of the shelf or something custom built I was quoted £750

I know nothing what i need and hope someone been in the same situation and found the ideal setup

Thanks in advance

Mark
:)🙏
To find a laptop suitable for converting and editing your old tapes, focus on these specifications: a robust processor (Intel Core i5 or i7, AMD Ryzen 5 or 7), a minimum of 8 GB RAM (preferably more), an SSD for faster performance, integrated or dedicated graphics, a 15" or larger display, and a backlit keyboard. Aim to spend around £750, and consider refurbished options. Best of luck preserving your cherished memories!

Jun 27, 2023
Some advice please

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ClearClick-Converter-2-0-Second-Generation-Black/dp/B092W8PNL9

Thanks in advance
When it comes to finding the best laptop for your video editing needs, Dell XPS 15

Last edited by a moderator: