Solved! Laptop for work - at most around 800 euros

tynpc

Prominent
Nov 3, 2018
Hello.
I choose a working laptop for travel. After a long decision, discussion on reddit and consideration, I came to these two models. Both have a low 250 nits brightness, but this is common in such cheap models for such cheap models.

• HP Probook 445 G7 with R5, 8 GB RAM (it's a pity that the R7 version in my country have only 15 "455 models) - 643 eur
  • ThinkPad E14 with R7, 16 GB RAM - 841 eur

At the moment I don't know how to decide and which one to take. For HP, I like its easy to "upgradable" any part. It is also massive, the cooling excellent, the flashlight sufficient.
The E14, on the other hand, has soldered RAM, a stronger CPU, the same battery life, and is the lowest model in the ThinkPad series. However, it costs a bit more and I'm not sure if it's worth investing in this laptop compared to the Probook. I will need to buy 8 GB of RAM for HP.
I wonder what your experience is with these laptop models? Which one is the better "holder"? What model is worth buying? Which one would you go to? Advice / tips / experiences?

Or could you recommend me the best laptop for this price (best price/performance)?

Thank you for the discussion.