Solved! Laptop for work & Flight Simulator or laptop just for work

eb1229

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
So I am new to the site and I have a choice to make..

So here is my dilema:
I have a Dell 1505 that I use for work. It is too heavy and bulky. Ideally I would like to be able to play Flight Simulator but I do not know if it is more practical to build a desktop and buy a small lightweight laptop that can burn CD's/DVD's and will have the necessary components to run Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

Budget: $500-$1000

Size: The smaller & lighter the better

Resolution: Not sure, but if I can play FS it would need to be decent

Extended Battery life

Do you want to play games with your laptop? If practical, Flight Simulator Medium

What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Photshop, InDesign, Illustrator

How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. New Egg, but I am open

How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 years

What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer

Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference

What country do you live in? USA

Solution
in my experience, the only processor that let me use maximum options on fsx acceleration is the i7 920 with 8gb of ram and the ati 5870 and you can only get these specs on a desktop.

wona game? dont get a laptop.

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
in my experience, the only processor that let me use maximum options on fsx acceleration is the i7 920 with 8gb of ram and the ati 5870 and you can only get these specs on a desktop.

wona game? dont get a laptop.

Solution

eb1229

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
In that case, can you suggest a good light weight laptop that has decent battery life, DVD/CD Burner, and enough memory to store video files and run photoshop and illustrator?