Laptop for World of Warcraft

Hayden Ross

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Looking for a laptop to play World of Warcraft on at decent settings, this will also be my travel laptop for work (give me something to do during my lunch breaks or when there's nothing going on). Im partial to desktops but my job requires me having a laptop and Im not even sure whats considered a decent one for a good price. If you guys could steer me in the right direction that would be great thanks in advance.

Solution
Wow, so the forum just ate my reply and sent me to the home page... can't remember the last time a forum did that to me. :fou:

Shortend post. The minimum laptop should be running a nvidia x40gtx or better. Easily done on something under $1000. Also don't be afraid to pickup one with a ULV processor, the GPU will carry it just fine in games and you will appreciate the longer battery life and cooler temps because of it.

hdmark

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

if you havent purchased already, if you could fill this out it would help to get you in a right direction

but to help... youre probably looking at 700 minimum to get a laptop that can play wow on the lowest settings 30 fps without burning up on you

JeffDaemon

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Wow, so the forum just ate my reply and sent me to the home page... can't remember the last time a forum did that to me. :fou:

Shortend post. The minimum laptop should be running a nvidia x40gtx or better. Easily done on something under $1000. Also don't be afraid to pickup one with a ULV processor, the GPU will carry it just fine in games and you will appreciate the longer battery life and cooler temps because of it.

Solution