Laptop for WoW?

lejack810

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I am getting a new laptop for college and would like to be able to do all the work needed on it without sacrificing gaming graphics. I would only need Word and a few school programs and I only play games like World of Warcraft and occasionally Skyrim. The laptop I am looking at is the Asus k501ux-wh74.
Specs-
6th Gen Intel Core i7-6500U mobile processor
256GB solid state drive (SSD)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M graphics
16GB system memory
Would I be able to play WoW smoothly with this laptop on Ultra settings?

Solution
That i7 U is a dual core, with hyperthreading, so I would not recommend it. Also, Pascal mobile should be out, before too long. Since you don't absolutely need this, till you start classes, I would wait a bit longer.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016
Wow on ultra, probably but only at like 40 fps. Even if its a older game it still does somewhat push gpus. For skyrim that laptop will handle it easily. its a good machine but i would spend the cash on a Dell Inspiron Series Gaming Laptop and get the better CPU and Better GPU. Over all a better buy.

Kenneth1987

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
I will consider about mainstream graphics of GTX960M or higher in order to run the games for WoW experience. When it comes to gaming laptop, MSI and Alienware might be good options as well.

logainofhades

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
That i7 U is a dual core, with hyperthreading, so I would not recommend it. Also, Pascal mobile should be out, before too long. Since you don't absolutely need this, till you start classes, I would wait a bit longer.

Solution