Solved! Laptop freezes and goes black

Nov 29, 2021
So this happens like almost every time I use my laptop for long a amount of time. The screen randomly starts freezing and after freezing 5 - 6 times, it blacks out and comes back to normal. Then it repeats. To stop this I have to shut down and let my laptop stay like that for a couple of hours. What should I do to stop this? It's an HP Pavilion Notebook.

Last edited:
Solution
Agreed. However the machine should be throttling back to cool down. There may be an issue with your system software related to processor power control. You may need to clean the crud out of your machine. If you decide to do the latter, get and follow the instructions in the system repair manual (probably you can find this on the internet) and pay special attention to the ESD precautions. Otherwise we may be hearing back from you "I cleaned my PC and now it no longer starts up". If you don't feel comfortable, take it to a professional for diagnosis and repair.
Agreed. However the machine should be throttling back to cool down. There may be an issue with your system software related to processor power control. You may need to clean the crud out of your machine. If you decide to do the latter, get and follow the instructions in the system repair manual (probably you can find this on the internet) and pay special attention to the ESD precautions. Otherwise we may be hearing back from you "I cleaned my PC and now it no longer starts up". If you don't feel comfortable, take it to a professional for diagnosis and repair.

Reactions: Labeeb_Basil
Solution