Laptop Freezes when launching game.

dpbrolly

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Hello guys, I have a problem with my laptop since the last one week. Let me recreate the steps >

I launch a game, like Battlefield 1 or For Honor BETA, I see the menu and all, start a game/map, it starts to load and that's it, it freezes. stays like that until I turn off the laptop.

After I restart the laptop, BSOD comes up, either at the login page or while on the desktop. After restarting multiple times and when it stop crashing, I try to launch the game again, and this time green blocks comes up across the screen.

I have reinstalled windows 10 twice, updated all the drives to the latest versions, including the BIOS, but still it did not fix the problem.

This only happens when I launch a game, be it any game, even for Arhkam Asylum, the old one.
After it freezes and I restart the laptop, it crashes multiple times with BSOD errors: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. most of the time it is Clock watchdog.

I have no idea what to do and Tom's Hardware is my last resort for any problems related to electronics. I hope you guys will point out where exactly the problem is and help me fix it.

I have spoken with a Lenovo TechSupp guy and he just referred me to go to a Lenovo Service Center in my city, which I did and they just told the OS has gone corrupt and that I need to buy a new copy of Windows, not even reinstall it. Oh they did run their own tests, in which all the hardware showed up a-ok !

This is my laptop specs:

Core i7-4710HQ @2.50GHz
GeForce GTX 860m 4GB GDDR5 | Intel HD graphics 4600
1TB HDD
16GB RAM

All the drives are at there latest versions and Windows 10 is also updated.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dpbrolly : "Laptop freezes when/after launching games"