laptop freezing a lot recently

Patricia Scanlon

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
my toshiba is freezing a lot lately, especially when i leave it for a few minutes but happens also while i am actually using it and then it can take hours to start it again as i need to run the battery down and start again

Solution
Try installing some temperature monitoring software and see what kind of temps you are getting when this happens. Be sure the program to log the temps so that if it turns off you can see what they were when you get back on the computer.

I suggest this because of your saying it can take hours to be able to turn on again, which is definitely a sign of overheating. Something you don't want to let continue for long as it can fry many internal parts.

Patricia Scanlon

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Patricia Scanlon : "laptop is freezing a lot"

my toshiba laptop freezes randomly while using it or if I leave it idol for a few minutes and then I can't use it and it won't switch off until battery runs down so that it will turn off then I can start again , only sometimes this could happen again soon after I get it started

Try installing some temperature monitoring software and see what kind of temps you are getting when this happens. Be sure the program to log the temps so that if it turns off you can see what they were when you get back on the computer.

I suggest this because of your saying it can take hours to be able to turn on again, which is definitely a sign of overheating. Something you don't want to let continue for long as it can fry many internal parts.

Solution