Laptop Getting shutdown while playing games

rishavraj1637

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Laptop Specification:
dell N5110
4 gb ram,1 gb graphics card,i5 processor
Problem:
laptop gets shutdown in 10-15 after starting game. I got replacement for motherboard 3 times ,ram,processor and heat sink 1 times but the problem remained same.I had tried to run games which were running fine on my laptop 3 months before but they are not working now.I had tried more than 8 games they are working fine on the same series laptop of my frnd but are not working on my laptop.

dbaaz

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Overheating. Possibly the CPU since the GPU will underclock itself to prevent any damage whereas if the CPU is overheating, the system will abruptly shutdown.

Download Speedfan and check your Temps. while under load.

Make sure you are not blocking your airflow. If the problem persists, get the insides of your laptop cleaned. Dust is a bigger enemy than you'd think. :)

dominicoben

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Yep. Sounds like an overheating problem. You could buy a cooling pad, which could maybe make a difference, but the big problem lies in the fact that your CPU gets too hot. Maybe open it up and clear out any dust to help with the air?
Laptops aren't meant for gaming though!!

rishavraj1637

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
I have recorded the temperatures it shows 66 max,i think its normal temp while playing games.I have reinstalled my window 3 times even deleted and format all the partitions and i am installing drivers from cd given by dell.

I always plug the power cable while playing game.

olin9

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
GPU driver or hardware issue.

Get the newest Video driver from the card maker.

If that dose not work. Try older drivers that did work.

If that fails you may have a hardware issue.