Laptop graphics artifacs but not on bios

Panton

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Hi guys, today i split open my laptop to remove a stick of ram that wasnt working, when i turned it on it continuasly restarted but not displaying, so i tried the other stick then the other slot and so on, i finally got it to boot to a bsod that showed red lines vertically down the screen so i thought the gpu was busted, i then restarted it and got to the bios but there were no red lines, i reset the bios but it keeps restrting again, the laptop is relatively new, acer touch screen, i5 cpu, so its not from age, i dont know where i went wrong...

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next to try is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough power to boot the laptop or if your have another AC adapter that has the same voltage do test it as well if it will work or not.
- If these doesn't work try to power the laptop without its battery.
- Also do reseat your RAM's again, take them all off then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting Acer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Panton

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

Hi, thanks for your insight but they were my first go to's, I do concider myself to be pretty well minded with computers but this one has me baffled, i'm now assuming that there is an issue with the motherboard as it only shows artifacs when i'm lucky enough to get a bsod and not in the bios, i will be returning it, i'm just hoping i got a 12 month warrenty and not a 6 month.
Haha wish me luck and thank you again