Solved! Laptop has black static, some times it starts, other times it shows black static (kind of)

Aug 17, 2019
So even though my problem might be similar to others, it is kind of different.

My laptop is almost 6 years old and it's Dell Inspiron something with a RAM of 8 gigs and an Intel i5 2450m series processor.

I have been having this little problem for a few weeks now, whenever I press the power button and try to start the laptop, it's display is black, but if I look closer, I can see kind of minor, very invisible yet existing "black static", it's like my laptop's screen is not functioning.
But, if I keep trying for some time and try to start it again by pressing the power button, it actually begins.

Additionally, it works if I connect it with an external display with a HDMI.

So the thing is, that sometimes my laptop screen works, and sometimes it does not, and it shows a black static when it does not

I would like to have some information about this and probably even a solution. You can ask me questions about it if you want.

Last edited:
Solution
Could be bad screen, bad backlight, connection to motherboard, video card issue. No way to know without digging into the system. Start with re-seating connections to motherboard and check if this happens with an external monitor as well or if that works fine.
Could be bad screen, bad backlight, connection to motherboard, video card issue. No way to know without digging into the system. Start with re-seating connections to motherboard and check if this happens with an external monitor as well or if that works fine.

Solution