Laptop has fine specs but can only run games on very low?

iheartlamp

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I have a pavilion dv7 with
6 gb of ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 6370
Triple Core AMD Phenom II

I know these specs arent the best in the world but I can only play games basically on very low. I have to put down the resolution in all games i play like League of Legends, Mirror's Edge, and others. Games like Skyrim and Planet 2 are just about unplayable even though i put down the resolution and graphics to very low. I have gone into device manager and updated my drivers and all but i really have had to improvement and i would really like to enjoy these games but not have to pay $1,000 on a gaming pc. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
I had ATI 6370M myself and can confirm that this entry-level / middle class graphics card isn't gonna do much.
Since this card is just a renamed Radeon HD 5470, Upgrading drivers for this card isn't gonna do much either because last version was released in 2010(?), I think... Had troubles few months ago with this myself.
I played LoL in very low myself, because anything higher than that started lagging.
Time to switch, if not possible, then keep using gamebooster and stuff to get the maximum of things(which is very little).

leiyong

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I had ATI 6370M myself and can confirm that this entry-level / middle class graphics card isn't gonna do much.
Since this card is just a renamed Radeon HD 5470, Upgrading drivers for this card isn't gonna do much either because last version was released in 2010(?), I think... Had troubles few months ago with this myself.
I played LoL in very low myself, because anything higher than that started lagging.
Time to switch, if not possible, then keep using gamebooster and stuff to get the maximum of things(which is very little).

Solution